- Hands on training of GIS courses
A GIS (Geographic Information System) is a powerful tool used for computerized mapping and spatial analysis. A GIS provides functionality to capture, store, query, analyze, display and output geographic information. Under this GIS course, hands on training would be provided to familiarize with the software using vector and raster datasets. Course will also include detailed exercises on the usage various Geoprocessing tools, handling the data in GIS environment, Digitization and conversion of data and creating customized maps.
- Hydrological and Hydraulic Modelling
H&H models can be used as dynamic simulation models for single event or long-term (continuous) simulation of runoff quantity and quality from primarily urban areas. The runoff component operates on a collection of sub catchment areas that receive precipitation and generate runoff and pollutant loads. CWD offers training on using such H&H models like SWMM which in turn is used for planning, analysis and design related to stormwater runoff, combined and sanitary sewers, and other drainage systems in urban areas.
Getting environmental education is very important in today’s world. CWD will educate the young minds to make them aware of their responsibility towards environment. We teach the school kids how to conserve and take care of the environment with the pace the world is growing.
We have courses designed on various aspects of environment and the challenges faced in the changing world.
- Course designed to capture the attention of children to be environmental stewards.
- Presentation that covers about Rainwater harvesting, water resources, waste water treatments, Grey water solutions and the like.
- Age appropriate presentations to cover the aspects of environment, impact and caring for it.
- Presentation for teachers to help children teach all about improving and sustaining the environment.
- Workshop for teachers and kids to realise the importance of clean environment and their role in helping achieve this.